Interesting Things To Know

Saturday 16 June 2012

Psalm 139 Project Vs. 6


Verse 6
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me
It is too high, I cannot attain it


Complete Jewish Bible – Such knowledge is too wonderful for me. It is too high, I cannot attain it.
Easy-to-Read Version – I am amazed at what You know; it is too much for me to understand.

So, here’s the thing
Here’s what happens
In my mind’s eye
You have the complete picture.
The snapshot of
Everything.
Everything about me.
In the midst of the
Masses
You have the captured picture
Of me
Right now.
Everytime I do something
Or explain away
With
‘He knows my heart’
You see the truth
In that moment.

Now, my head can find
Logic
And my tongue can say
The words
But the understanding?
No
Beyond what I know
No reference for what
That ever-changing picture
Brings.
And yet
You know.

This is something
Beyond the realm
Of what I understand.

It is the ultimate of
High roads.
A road I don’t know
The way to
And cannot travel on.
My limited sight
Cannot travel
In that knowledge.

All that is to be done
Is to be amazed
At the depth and height
Of Your knowledge.

No comments: