Interesting Things To Know

Thursday 21 June 2012

Psalm 139 Project Vs. 11


Verse 11
If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night”

The Message – Then I said to myself, “Oh He even sees me in the dark! At night I’m immersed in the light!”
Easy-To-Read – Suppose I wanted to hide from you and said, “Surely the darkness will hide me. The day will change to night and cover me.”
New Living Translation – I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night.

From the beginning
We wanted to hide.

Right from the start
We shrunk from Him.
We begged the darkness
To cover us,
To make it impossible
For Him to find us.
If only we could make it
Until there was no light,
So no one would see.
If we could only hide
In the shadows,
He would walk right by
Oblivious to us,
And what we’ve done
Or not done.
He wouldn’t see the truth
About our motives.
We could pull the shade
Around us
And our need.
Right from the beginning
Of time
We hold our breath.
Waiting and hoping
That the blackness
Of the night
Overwhelms us,
So we can hide
Our hurt.

And His

No comments: