Interesting Things To Know

Friday 15 June 2012

Psalm 139 Project Vs. 5


Verse 5
Thou hast enclosed me behind and before
And laid Thy hand upon me.

Easy-to-Read Version – You are all around me – in front of me and behind me. I feel Your hand on my shoulder.
Complete Jewish Bible – You have hemmed me in both behind and in front and laid Your hand on me.
The Message – I look behind me and You’re there, then up ahead and You’re there too – Your reassuring presence coming and going.


When it comes right down to it
I am alone.
Just me
In the light of the day
In the shadows of the night.
With those who know 
My name
Or with those who do not.
My heart 
My thoughts
The whispers deep
Are mine alone.


Some seasons
Mean I am surrounded.
Many voices
Walk the same direction.
Other seasons
There is no one,
No other voice.


Certain times dictate
That many hands
Reach out
To touch me
Needing me to touch them.
Other times
Seasons go by
Before I am touched again,
With no other
Flesh 
Laid on mine.


Ultimately 
My path, my heart
Is mine alone.


The deepness 
Of my heart
Seeks out
The deepness of
Your response.


Your protection
Enclosing me
In you
From behind me
To in front of me.
Those unexpected moments
Quietly surprising
Reminding me
That the sudden perception
On my shoulder
Is you.


That impact 
The sensation
That someone is
Covering me.
My weak spots 
Behind me
Where I cannot see
And someone marks in front of me 
Seeing
Before I do.


Hemming me in
Hand on
My shoulder
On purpose
Determined 
To enclose me
Behind and before.


Hemming me in 
And touching me
No time line
No stop and no start
No strings 
Just enclosing
And touching


Me.
Alone.

No comments: