Interesting Things To Know

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Psalm 139 Project Vs. 23

Verse 23
Search me, O God, and know my heart,
Try me and know my anxious thoughts.

Contemporary English Version - Look deep into my heart, God and find out everything I am thinking.
Easy-To-Read Version - God examine me and know my mind. Test me and know all my worries.
The Message - Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about.

The biggest hurdle
The grandest gesture
For us
Is to be willing
To be known.


He knows anyway


It is our willingness
That sets it apart
Acknowledging His access
To the depths
And deep, dark corners
That no one else sees.


It is our trust
In what we know
To be true
About Him
In His love
In His grace
In His mercy
In His light


We have so much good
Inside
So much to be proud of
And He is
Proud to know us
Intimately


We have some
Not so good
Inside
So much to hand over
To the
Love
Light
And hope
Of who He is


Our grandest gesture
Is protected 
By the security and warmth
Knowing 
That He will
Steady our hearts and heads
And hands


Knowing 
That He will
Steady our fears
And insecurities
And weaknesses


He will steady us
On the solid footing 
That is security
In Him


All that He requires
Is for us to 
Jump the big hurdle
To
Make the grand gesture


It is for us
To be willing
To be known


He knows anyway.




No comments: